Saturday 2 June 2012

How to: Blueberry mousse cake

I've finally got time to start making felty things!

For my first project, I have decided to make some cakes. I don't think they'll sell very well, but I just really wanted to make some.

Blueberry mousse cake

This is a blueberry mousse cake based on tutes I found on the internet. It's a little wobbly, but my next couple will probably look better once I learn how to sew better and figure out the best measurements for the felt pieces.


Here's a couple of basic tips if you want to try making your own:

1. Cut out the pieces of felt you need:
- 1x raspberry circle (around 8cm diameter) for jelly top
- 1x dark brown circle for chocolate base
- 26cm x 6cm light pink strip
- 26cm x 1cm dark brown strip


2. Sew the brown strip onto the bottom of the pink strip.
3. Sew the top of the pink strip onto the raspberry circle.
4. Sew the ends of the pink strip together.
5. Stuff the cake and sew on the brown circle to seal.


6. Decorate!

No comments:

Post a Comment